Whole30 Wrap Up

Sunday was day 30 of my first Whole30.  I can’t believe I did it.  30 days ago going soda free, mostly caffeine free, sugar-free, bean free, grain free, soy free, seemed so impossible and so overwhelming. Now it is just part of my life.

The last week of the Whole30 was,  by far, the hardest week for me.  By day 26 I was so over it.  I just wanted to be done so I could eat something besides eggs for breakfast.  I just wanted to be able to call my friend, Steph, when I was having a rough day at work and say lets go to lunch.  I spent a lot of time thinking about all the things I was going to eat when I was done.  fortunately,  I was more determined to finish my Whole30 then I was to eat all the non compliant food I wanted to eat.

By Monday morning, I decided to not do the reintroduction.  I just wanted to be done.  I ate a bagel for breakfast and a cookie for a snack.  I called Steph and we went to one of our of our favorite places for lunch were I had  chips with my guacamole and cheese and flour tortilla with my tacos.  About an hour after lunch I had a nasty belly ache that lasted almost two days.  Because I chose not to do the reintroduction,  I don’t  know what caused it.   The worst part of my Monday is that, although the bagel and cookie were my favorites pre whole30 treats, they tasted like garbage post Whole30.  They were not worth it.  I did enjoy my meal with Steph until my belly started to hurt then it became not worth.  The day did convince me to keep to mostly eating like I have during my Whole30.  I don’t want to further undo all the good things I have done over the last month.  I won’t say that I will never eat a non compliant food, that’s just not realistic but I will conciously think it through and decide if it is worth it or not before I do.

A lot of you want to know what the final results are for my Whole30.  Do I feel better?  Am I sleeping better?  Was it worth it? In my opinion, it was definitely worth it.  I feel great.  I have more energy and it is more consistent throughout the day.  I don’t come home from work and pass out on the couch for a few hours before going to bed any more.

This time of year my allergies are usually killing me.  My nose is stuffy and usually running.  My eyes are blood shot.  Steph is always telling me how she can find the register I am on just by a for my sneeze.  This year I have none of that.   I am sure of that some of the energy I have comes from the fact my body isn’t fighting itself anymore.

I lost enough weight to need new a pants and jeans.  I got into a pair of shorts that I haven’t been able to fit in for the last two summers.  I didn’t weigh myself before I started my Whole30 because I wasn’t really interested in the wight loss aspect of the program so I will never know for sure how much I lost. I am okay with that.

The part of the program I was interested in was would I sleep better.  The answer is yes, I am sleeping better.  I still have nights where I wake up in the middle of the night but they are less frequent and when I do wake up I can usually fall back asleep instead of being up for the day.  It’s progress even if it isn’t exactly what I was hoping for.  I was hoping to be  sleeping through the night every night.  I have had problems sleeping for a long time so it is possible that I will need more than thirty days to completely get rid of the problem.

I am already planning to do another round of Whole30 at the end of the summer.  In the meantime I will be mostly eating the way I did for my first round of Whole30.  If anyone is interested in doing a round of Whole30 with me or you just need some moral support on your Whole30 journey email me at Juliesflock13 @gmail.com.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s