Guys, I have a new cooking for two resource for you. Its called Fix-It And Forget-It Cooking For Two. Thats right, its a crockpot for two cookbook. I was really excited to find this cookbook for you all because I know you wanted crockpot recipes. It seems especially appropriate now that fall is here.
Things I Like:
1. The recipes are not complicated.
2. The recipes are submitted by real people so they are recipes for how real people eat.
3. The cooking times are realistic. Gone are the days you can plug in your crockpot and let it cook for an unlimited number of hours while you are gone to work. Modern crock pots run too hot to do that. The cooking times in the book reflect that and as long as you follow them don’t over cook your food.
4. The recipes I have tried taste good.
5. The recipes make a decent amount of food for one or two.
Things I Don’t Like:
1. The recipes use more processed ingredients then I like to use, especially cream of somethings soups. It is fairly easy to find less or unprocessed substitution using the recipes on my blog if that concerns you.
BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
From The Fix-It and Forget- It Cooking For Two Cookbook
1lb pork loin
1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
1/2 cup ketchup
1 TBS apple cider vinegar
2 tsp dry mustard
1 TBS brown sugar or molasses
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp chili powder
Spray the liner of your slow cooker with non stick cooking spray. Place the onion and pork loin in the liner.
In a small bowl. Combine the ketchup. Apple cider vinegar, mustard powder, brown sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin. salt and chili powder. Pour the mixture over the pork. Cook on low 7 hours.
When the pork is done, remove from the slow cooker and shred with 2 forks. Serve on buns.