As a food blogger, I rarely make the same recipe twice. If a recipe makes into my make again pile you know it is something special. Here are a few of my personal favorite recipes of 2018.
1. BlackBerry Chocolate Muffins — Byrony Cooks. This muffin recipe is my absolute favorite thing I made in 2018. Muffins are my favorite things to bake, the stranger the flavor combinations the better. To me, the combination of BlackBerry and chocolate seemed very strange. When I tried it I discovered it was awesome. It quickly became one of my all time favorite muffins recipes of all time.
2. Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese — Dessert For Two This recipe is always going to have a special place in my heart. Not only does it make a great mac and cheese, my culinary idol and creative inspiration, Christina Lane, let me recipe test it for her. She even made a change to the recipe that I suggested.
3. Shrimp Coconut Curry — Indian Instant Pot Cookbook. Dr. Urvashi Pitre is best known for her pressure cooker butter chicken recipe but my favorite recipe from all those I have tried from her blogs and her cookbooks is her pressure cooker Coconut Shrimp Curry. It is amazing to me that something as delicate as seafood doesn’t come out of the pressure cooker all tough and over cooked but it doesn’t.
Your Favorite Recipes of 2018
January is a great time to look back at your blog and see what your readers have liked over the past year. The thing that surprised me most is none of my most popular posts of 2018 where things I posted in 2018. All of them came from the early years of A Solitary Feast.
1. Small Batch Peanutbutter Blossoms —
2. What To Do With Leftover Egg Yolks #2– Flan
3. Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb Copycat
As much fun as it was to look back on 2018, I am excited to see what recipes and adventures 2019 will bring. Thank you, dear readers, for spending time with in 2018 and in the future.